Friday, April 27, 2007

Pajamma-fied

An afternoon of blessed sabbath time-- something I haven't felt in a long time. While having a very serious conversation with a close friend (nothing like discussing questions of church polity, stupid classes, and call processes over bbq), I realized that I am quickly approaching burnout. He astutely pointed out that there are two types of over-workers. 1) The type who needs something to do and thus engages him self fully in a project 2) The type who dives into something because they are so passionate about it, and then don't realize that they are tired. I think I'm of the second variety, but I've realized that I'm doing a tremendously poor job of taking care of myself. (Though the beloved has done a great job taking care of me this semester--I often come home from work when he's in town to find my laundry done and neatly folded on my bed, and dinner on the table.)
One of my obligations was cancelled today, and here I am in my PJs at 630. I came home and layed in the sun and read (for fun!!) and then took a nap. I've been for a walk, and I've been to the store to get the stuff to surprise my beloved with bananna pudding when he gets into town. I'm getting ready to paint my nails and watch a movie, and generally be princess-like. I could get used to this!

1 comment:

more cows than people said...

so glad for a pajamma-fied day for you and for the relecting you're doing on the sources of overwork.. so impt as you move towards ordination and call...

are you a presby, too?

welcome to the RevGals ring. Glad to meet you.